Travel Reimbursement The University of New Orleans Home  

Travel Reimbursement Home

How to Start

Travel Requests/Exceptions



Air Travel

Car Rentals

Ground Transportation

Group Travel Guidelines

Hotel Guidelines

International Travel

Meal Rates

Attach Checklist

Central Billed Account

Contact Us



Receipts Required

Top 10 Mistakes

Travel Home

Business Affairs Home

Business Affairs Sitemap

Travel Reimbursement
Accounts Payable
The University of New Orleans
2000 Lakeshore Drive
New Orleans, LA 70148

Phone: (504) 280-6107
Fax: (504) 280-1232

Email Us



Travel Reimbursement

Here you will find all the necessary information and forms for travel, from how to obtain permission to travel, receiving travel advances, and being reimbursed for out-of-pocket expenses. The travel forms have informational links and pop-ups displaying such items as the maximum rates allowed and which documents must be attached to your claim for reimbursement. Overall, reviewing this site and completing the Authorization to Travel Form located on SharePoint (UNO username and password required) before traveling should supply you with the information you need for a smooth and timely reimbursement.

All travel vouchers paid by The University of New Orleans are subject to the State's Travel Guidelines - PPM-49. This travel site is designed to cover the most prevalent aspects of the regulations in a concise and efficient manner, and is not intended to be a substitution for the complete regulations.

Effective July 1, 2015, the Louisiana Office of State Travel will require state travelers to use a state liability travel credit card or UNO’s CBA account (master credit card Accounts Payable has access to use) for all high cost travel expenditures, which include airfare, lodging, vehicle rentals, and conference registration fees.  If an employee has a state liability travel card, it is mandatory the card is used for these high cost expenditures.  If an employee does not have a state card and plans to travel more than once a year, the employee should obtain a card.  Please contact Tommy Scott at or Dana Bird at in Accounts Payable for assistance with receiving a state travel card, or usage of the CBA.

Thank you for taking the time to become informed on these procedures before you travel. If you have any questions or suggestions, please contact us at or


The University of New Orleans • 2000 Lakeshore Drive, New Orleans, LA 70148
(504) 280-6000 • Toll-Free at (888) 514-4275